Sunday 14 November 2010

A Moving Experience

Iíve found a cool apartment! Okay, okayÖso itís not perfect. Just a few bugs. I mean literally! First expense? An exterminator! Is it worth the cash? Well, I canít afford a more expensive place, so a one-time (please!) cash outlay should be okay. Maybe just a can of ìRaid?î I need a way to move my stuff. Daddy, can I borrow your truck? You donít have one? Why not? Do you want one? Iíll help you pick it out! Well, it was just a suggestion. No need to get all bent out of shape! I guess Iíd better call the truck rental places. What do you meanÖ$200ÖPLUS mileage? AND Gas? Good grief! While Iím on the phone Iíll call the utility and phone companies. Yes, I know I havenít used your services before. No, I donít have a credit card; this is my first place. You want what? A $100 deposit? For EACH? Holy cowÖdo you people have a license to steal? Daddy, I need $500 for moving expenses! I used all my money for the first and last months rent AND the damage deposit. Well, how was I to know this was going to be so expensive? Sell something? DaaaaadÖI NEED my TV! Boy, this place is pretty empty. Maybe I should buy a couch and a chair. NahÖI have my bed. Thatíll be good enough. I donít need a table; Iíll just use this box. Renters Insurance? I donít think so! What do I have to insure? Just got my first phone call! Iíd love to come to your party! Daddy, I need a car. Because itís too far to walk to work, thatís why. Umm, DaddyÖthereís car insurance too! Thanks, DadÖyouíre the best! And gas? I didnít think soÖ Time for dinner. Letís look in these boxes. Oh, No! No dishes or pans. No FOOD! Uhhh, Mom?