Tuesday 10 January 2012

Kanye West to Form Design Company

Kanye West to Form Design Company

World, please welcome the new Pharrell Williams of the hip-hop/art world: Kanye West. The rapper has launched a new design company that will make “products and experiences” for people. Kanye introduced his new company via Twitter:

“DONDA is a design company which will galvanize amazing thinkers and put them in a creative space to bounce there dreams and ideas.”

DONDA will involve architects, graphic designers, directors, producers, social media experts, publishers, lawyers, nutritionists, scientists, doctors, teachers, A&R’s etcetera. Kanye claimed they want to “help simplify and aesthetically improve everything we see, hear, touch, taste and feel.”

What about his upcoming women’s line? Kanye immediately shot down rumors that his upcoming line will be named DW after Dr. Donya West, his mother. He tweeted:

“The name of the line is Kanye West not DW. The DW was a design element placed on the invite in homage to my mom.”

The rapper also made sure that the public knows there’s no backing up behind his clothing line.

“You guys might think I have some type of backing for my line but I don’t. I did the first fashion show out of my own pocket and used the money I made touring to follow my passion. I’ve been working at this for 8 years now.”

And about his creativity, Kanye has a wee bit complain to share with the media:

“Being a celebrity has afforded me many opportunities but has also boxed me in creatively. What good is fame and prestige if you can’t use it to help people… I want to help by doing what I know how to do best .. create.”

Recommended For You